Dealing with 3D printers can be a pain, whether it be deciding which machine to buy, setting up the device, or printing out your creations. Luckily for you, we’ve done the hard work for you and narrowed down the best 3d printers of 2021.
Our Best 3D Printers Choices In 3 Different Price Ranges
- Our Best 3D Printers Choices In 3 Different Price Ranges
- Considerations When Choosing A 3D Printer
- Our Higher End Best 3D Printers Recommendations
- Our Mid Range 3d Printer Recommendations
- Our Budget 3D Printer Recommendations
- Some More Specific Options
- Conclusion On These Top 3D Printers
Considerations When Choosing A 3D Printer
- Size of the printer: Cost and space constraints can make certain 3D printers unusable for you.
- Quality of the printer: The quality of print is important to assess. The better the print, the more expensive it is. You’ll need to determine what’s most important.
- Speed: Speed can vary greatly depending on your needs but it might be something to factor in when you’re making your decision. You will want to consider the amount of time you might need to print something; for example, if you need a small part for an electronic device or a finished piece of jewelry. Ask yourself your goals and what you’re using your printer for and look for printers that can accommodate those needs.
- Design criteria: Before you buy a printer, try to get as much information about its capabilities and abilities. Ask questions and try some 3D prints of the printer in action or bring sample data with it to see how it prints. Don’t be afraid to ask about the machine’s hardware capabilities.
- Also, you must look at the types of materials the printer can print with, the software it works with, and its overall ease of use. The more expensive printers are generally easier to use and work faster; however there are also great beginner-friendly options that have good 3d printers reviews that can produce quality prints in small batches.
Our Higher End Best 3D Printers Recommendations
LulzBot Mini 2
The LulzBot Mini 2 is emerging as the desktop 3D printer choice for industrial designers, engineers, architects and makers. This new version of the popular Mini printer is faster and packed with more features than its predecessor. The Mini 2 is the first desktop CNC machine to use Linear Accelerator Actuators (LAAs) for rapid filament movement. It prints at rates of up to 90 mm/s, thanks to its powerful, dual print head system. LAAs are tiny motors that can move quickly, and they’re available in discrete diameters from 2 mm to 10 mm.
Its compact frame retains the Mini’s signature appearance, with a polished stainless steel top and an aluminum frame. The motorized Mini 2 has a smaller build volume of 150 mm x 150 mm x 150mm and weighs just under 3 kg. Like other LulzBot printers, the Mini has an open design for easy maintenance.
For a printer of this size, the Mini 2 has a wide range of hardware and software features that can help you learn as you print. The machine comes standard with a touch screen interface that includes a web-based control panel for printing instructions and a built-in Arduino shield for extending the functionality of your printed circuit boards.
- The printer is stocked with features that make it a favorite for many different applications.
- The Mini 2 printing head moves quickly, which helps it to produce quality work without much wait.
- It has a versatile design that can fit into small spaces.
- It has an open frame design for easy maintenance and access to all of the internal components of the machine.
- This 3D printer does not require assembly, which saves time in the operation process. It also comes with an instruction manual, so there’s no need to spend hours figuring out how the printer works before you start creating your first project.
- It has a small build volume, which could be limiting for many designs.
- The printer head is dual extrusion, so it has a limited number of filament options.
- The user interface is not as simple as some other 3D printers on the market.
You love to tinker, experiment and create. You’re always looking for new technology, and the MakerBot Replicator is a 3D printer that you can’t help but rave over. There’s no limits to what you can do with it; you can make anything from a ring to an entire house. It can create plastic prototypes by designing on-screen, and in the future, you will be able to print metal parts. The Replicator comes with an HD camera on the print platform, which enables you to print in remote locations and have a live stream via Skype. You can also print objects and prototypes with the click of a button. You can even print with multi-colored filament and create heat-resistant objects.
You can use any material you like to print with the MakerBot Replicator. It has a heated bed for ABS, PLA and other materials. The Replicator is a single spool printer that has a smart chip that prevents you from overloading it and making it crash. A dial on the front of the machine allows you to adjust printing settings according to how much filament you are using. This feature also lets you use an external filament spool for even more control over your print job.
- It can print large objects, which many other 3D printers cannot do.
- It is easy to set up and operate, so you are able to start printing quickly.
- You can use any material that you want with the Replicator; it has a heated bed and smart chip that makes it easier than ever before.
- You have more control of the printer because of the dial on the front that allows you to adjust settings according to how much filament you’re using.
- There are sometimes errors and problems with the software when using it.
Dremel DigiLab 3D45
DigiLab 3D45 is a professional-grade 3D printer that produces high-resolution, full-color products. It delivers the performance of a machine that costs up to 5x more. DigiLab 3D45 prints in stereo and is ideal for industrial applications. This machine can print in ABS, PLA, PHA or Nylon. It has a built-in thermoplastic engine that enables you to print high-resolution objects with up to 40 percent more material than a standard printer. The special 3D printing system ensures that every atom of material is utilized to achieve an accurate part design. The mixture of different materials and the printing process ensure that no parts are wasted.
Dremel DigiLab 3D45 has an automatic bed leveling system that ensures perfectly aligned parts. The powerful motor has brushes that are made from stainless steel and high-end carbon. There is a display in the interface to monitor the print job. This machine has a USB port for easy connectivity and its complete set includes a stand, an LCD, and two extruder heads for different materials. It also has a projector to ensure that the printing process is done exactly as required.
- It’s fast, with print speed up to 300mm/sec.
- The bed size is 400mm (15.75″) x 280mm (11″), which can print parts as large as 400 x 280 x 340mm.
- The maximum build volume is about 300 cubic inches (9L).
- It has a heated build platform, which can be set to 60C/132F, adjustable in 1 degree increments.
- The extruders are clog resistant.
- It comes with a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
- No included USB cable.
- Unable to print PLA parts without modifications to the extruder cooling fan and nozzle diameters.
Ultimaker S5 3D Printer
The Ultimaker S5 is the industry’s most reliable desktop 3D printer. Featuring the best print quality, speed and material choice. The S5 has a strong and rigid steel frame with a high-quality PLA-compatibility heated print bed. Easy to set up, the Ultimaker S5 can print amazing prints in no time!
This 3D printer works by extruding melted plastic filament or other materials through a nozzle(s) to build up a solid three-dimensional object from the bottom up. Its advanced and modular design allows for printing in multiple materials, or using multiple materials at once.
High resolution printing via Ultimaker HD print head(s) and extruder with Ultimaker S5 print head mounted on an aluminum alloy frame. Heatbed with integrated cooling fan and auto-leveling for best surface quality. Spool holder and filament guide can be reversed to accommodate 3mm, 5mm and 6mm plastic filaments. The color of the filament spool holder can also be changed to match your other printer parts. Otherwise just a good quality plastic label holder. It works well.
- Advanced and modular design for multiple material printing.
- Advanced print core components, with an optimized nozzle that provides a more reliable 3D printing experience.
- Online support available 24/7 from the Ultimaker Learning Center and the Community Forum.
- Top quality prints even when using third part filament brands.
- Feed port design may be smaller then other models in this price range.
Raise3D E2 Desktop 3D Printer
The Raise3D E2 is a reliable and affordable 3D desktop 3D printer. It delivers quality, reliability, and performance in an easy to use package. You don’t need any prior knowledge of 3D printing in order to start printing with this machine. Make the Raise3D E2 your next 3D printing project!
The printer is the first desktop 3D printer that uses Heated Bed Slots and the heated bed is a standard feature of most 3D printers, but no other desktop printer can provide you with the flexibility of being able to change out your heated bed for a different material or size without any modifications.
The Raise3D E2 comes with a USB cable and Power Supply, and an SD card with preloaded software. The E2 can also attach to your computer via USB or Wi-Fi. And it comes with the Raise3D Wizard that provides a simple, intuitive interface for easy printing.
- The machine is well designed and built with an aluminum core frame and plate to provide excellent stability throughout its operation.
- Dual layer cooling fan and electronics are contained within the aluminum core frame for enhanced rigidity.
- Parts can be printed at a very detailed resolutions of up to 50 microns, or 0.050 millimeters.
- High quality build plate with the Raise3D Anti-Vibration Alignment Technology that helps to provide a faster and more precise printing process.
- The included power supply unit is small and may not be enough for some enthusiasts.
- A standard USB connection cable is included, which could be an issue for some users.
Our Mid Range 3d Printer Recommendations
Anycubic Photon Mono X
The Anycubic Photon Monoprice 3d Printer is a fast and reliable 3D printer that offers exceptional printing quality. Featuring a heated bed and an aluminum plate for rigidity, the Photon X is quite easy to set up. It is great for beginners who need an affordable first 3D printer or for those who want a reliable machine without having to pay too much. The Anycubic Photon Monoprice features switchable nozzle sizes so you can print with various materials such as ABS, PLA, PVA, Flexible filament, HIPS and more. There’s no need to modify the extruder; the machine can switch between different types of material automatically with ease.
- It has a print speed of 100mm/s, which is quite fast for a mono-extrusion 3D printer.
- The machine is well built and made from top quality components such as the heated bed with an aluminum plate to provide better stability and rigidity.
- It has a switchable nozzle, which can be changed according to various filament shapes and sizes.
- The power supply for the printer is included in the package.
- It does not come with any instructions on how to assemble the machine.
- It can be difficult to get the machine to recognize your computer USB port.
Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4 3D Printers
The Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4 is a large machine that is perfect for those who need to 3D print large parts. This 3D printer can be used at home or at work and it features an automatic platform leveling system. It also has a heated print bed for printing with ABS, PLA, PVA, and HIPS materials. The sidewinder X1 v4 also has dual extruder hotends that are designed to provide the best possible modeling experience by providing high quality models with optimal material usage. The dual extruders work together and allow you to easily switch between colors without changing any settings on your printer’s software or the slicing program that you’re using on your computer.
- It is compatible with a wide variety of materials, including ABS, PLA and HIPS.
- It has dual extruders that are perfectly designed to work together.
- It comes with the necessary power supply to start printing right off the bat.
- The heated print bed allows you to easily print with ABS or PLA materials.
- The machine has an auto-leveling system so that you can avoid any errors or complications when printing.
- It supports dual extruder printing, which is a feature not found on many 3D printers that are in the same price range.
- The print capacity of the sidewinder X1 v4 can be too large at times.
- The build plate of this machine can heat up pretty quickly.
FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro2
The FlashForge Creator Pro II is a fast and high performance workhorse. You know those times that you just can’t seem to find the time to finish a project? The FlashForge Creator Pro II uses dual extruders, which means that you can complete your projects faster than ever. It has two adjustable, independent extruders that use the best quality materials to ensure that your model comes out with excellent print quality. The Creator Pro II can handle most filaments, including ABS and PLA.
- The machine comes with a heated build platform, which you don’t normally find in 3D printers at this price point.
- The printing speed is top notch, with a resolution of up to 20 microns per layer or 0.002 millimeters.
- It has an LCD screen with a control panel that allows you to easily monitor the printer status.
- The package comes with a power supply and everything else you need to get printing right away.
- It doesn’t come with any instructions on how to assemble the machine.
QIDI TECH 3D Printer
The QIDI TECH 3D Printer is powerful enough to bring your ideas to life. Ready to print out of the box, this printer provides you with a user-friendly interface for easy editing and printing of 3D models. Create a wide variety of 3Dized objects and models with this machine. The QIDI TECH 3D printer is suitable for both beginners and professionals because it has great features that are easy to use. You’ll be able to upgrade your QIDI TECH 3D Printer with new parts, such as the adjustable bed leveling system like any other printer, so you can easily make changes to your manufacturing process without concern.
- The machine is super simple to operate and set up.
- The prints come out at a resolution of up to 75 microns, or 0.075 millimeters.
- The printer can handle multiple materials such as ABS, PLA and Wood.
- It has a four color gantry system for even more 3D printing versatility.
- Printing from SD cards is simple because the controls are very user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- You can print using a PC or you can even use your smartphone if you prefer.
- The printer is fully enclosed to help protect it from damage during operation.
- The machine may start to wobble on its axis after a while. This is something that could be remedied by making sure that the bolts are tightened every once in a while.
Monoprice Voxel 3D Printers
The MONOPRICE VOXEL 3D Printer is a powerhouse of a printer. With its versatility and ease-of-use, the Monoprice Voxel will be one of the most valuable assets in your home or office! Print with a wide variety of filament materials, such as PLA, ABS, HIPS, PVA and more.
- The machine is very easy to set up.
- The printer comes pre-assembled, which means that you don’t have to worry about anything else when you buy it.
- It uses Dual Extruders for printing faster and with better results.
- The machine has a built-in SD card slot so you can load files directly from the printer.
- The printer features a large build plate for printing bigger objects.
- It has an LCD screen and straightforward controls for easy navigation.
- Dual Extruders allow you to print out two materials at once, which increases your productivity and decreases your time spent waiting for prints.
- The printer is enclosed and features a lock and key, which allows you to keep it secure when not in use.
- The machine may start to wobble after a while. This can be remedied by making sure to tighten the bolts on the machine every once in a while.
Our Budget 3D Printer Recommendations
XYZ da Vinci Nano
The object of your next 3D printing project doesn’t have to be big. With a mini 3D printer like the XYZ da Vinci Nano, you can use this space-saving machine to achieve high quality personalization. It’s great for small DIY projects and you can easily keep the da Vinci Nano on your desk thanks to its compact size.
- The printer has a silent printing process that adds to the user experience.
- It comes with an SD card slot so you can load designs with ease.
- It’s super simple to use and operate, which allows you to get started right away.
- The printer heats up within minutes of being turned on, which allows quicker printing times overall.
- The print speed is relatively slow.
Polaroid PlaySmart 3D Printers
The Polaroid PlaySmart 3D Printer is the perfect 2D-to-3D conversion machine for anyone who needs to create better results. With a build volume of 12″x8″x8″, you can get a wide variety of prints. In addition, the PlaySmart is equipped with a heated print bed for PLA/ABS printing that delivers high-quality results. There’s also an LCD screen that allows you to monitor the status of your print.
- It’s very easy to set up and use.
- It comes with everything you need to get started right away, including two cartridges of PLA/ABS filament in assorted colors of your choice.
- The print speed is relatively fast.
-This machine features WiFi connectivity for better results.
-The PlaySmart has a temperature control system, which allows you to adjust temperature setting according to the filament material you’re using.
-It’s compatible with several operating systems, including Windows XP or later versions and Mac OS X 10.6 or later versions.
-It comes with a 12 month warranty on parts and labor.
- The machine can be a bit noisy when printing.
Creality Ender 3 Pro
The Creality Ender 3 Pro is a machine that can handle any type of project, big or small. With a heated bed and powerful extruders, the Creality Ender 3 Pro is the perfect machine for professionals who need to maximize their creativity. It has a wide range of filament materials that you can use for 3D printing projects.
- The machine has an LCD screen that allows you to monitor the printer status.
- It comes with two different types of hotends, which allow you to print with ABS or PLA materials, as well as PVA and HIPS.
- The printer can handle a wide variety of filaments, such as ABS and PLA.
- Its print speed is very fast.
- It has a heated build plate to ensure that the print comes out with an optimal finish.
- The print bed isn’t 100% flat, which can cause problems with printing accuracy.
Flashforge Finder 3D Printer
The FlashForge Finder 3D Printer is a perfect machine for home use. It’s affordable and light weight, so you can take it with you from one room to the next with ease. The Finder has an easy-to-navigate user interface that makes it simple to achieve complex designs. The print platform has a small footprint and is heated, so you can use a wide range of filaments.
- It comes with an SD card slot for loading files right from the printer.
- The machine has an LCD display with straightforward controls for easy navigation and monitoring of prints.
- The Finder has a heated platform that allows you to print out objects with materials such as ABS and HIPS.
- The only thing you’ll need to make is a 2A power supply.
- The print bed isn’t 100% flat, which can cause problems with printing accuracy.
ANYCUBIC Mega S 3D Printer
The Mega S is exactly what you need if you’re looking for a robust 3D printer with high-quality resolution. With an enclosed design, this printer will make your imagination come to life in just a few hours. Enjoy the versatility of this machine with its support for multiple filaments, including ABS, PLA, HIPS, Wood and more. The printer has a heated print bed that can reach up to 120ºC.
- The Mega S is compatible with Windows XP or later versions and Mac OS X 10.8 or later versions.
- It features an LCD screen that allows you to monitor the print process without a problem.
- The machine comes with a built-in SD card slot for loading files on the go.
- It has a heated print bed that can reach up to 120ºC.
- The machine prints out at a resolution of 0.15mm.
- It features eCloth PLA filament with a resolution of 25 microns, which is great for professional results.
- With dual extruders, you can print out two materials at once, which increases your productivity and decreases your time spent waiting for prints.
- The printer may start to wobble on its axis after a while. This is something that could be remedied by making sure that the bolts are tightened every once in a while.
Conclusion On These Top 3D Printers
This article has given you a list of the best 3d printers on the market. The top 3d printers have been discussed in detail, with their pros and cons highlighted at the end of every section. Hopefully, you have found a 3d printer that best fits your needs. There are plenty of cheap 3d printers on the market for people who know their way around new technology like the 3D printing world. These are some of the best 3d printers and most appealing models out there, so why not consider getting one today?